Beauty Chef Glow Powder
“GLOW Inner Beauty Powder is your essential daily beauty blend, containing 24 Certified Organic, bio-fermented and probiotic superfoods, for good gut health and healthy, glowing skin.
“The probiotic-rich formula, with a delicious berry flavour, is packed with easily digested, super-charged nutrients that are absorbed quickly and effectively by your cells to promote collagen synthesis and support skin radiance.”
If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll know how much I love this product by The Beauty Chef. I’ve posted about it close to 10 times now. This product does exactly what it says it will and makes you GLOW from pro and pre-biotic blends. I had read a lot about gut health before taking my own into account, but now I can’t go back. Taking a product like this Glow Powder daily helps with so many things, but my biggest concern was my skin. I’ve been adamant about healing my acne naturally for over a year now, and the journey is very much on going. Everything in the body is linked to the gut; from skin health to brain health and more. I’ll be writing more about that in this post, so to find out all about The Beauty Chef, Gut health, Glow Powder, and my thoughts then keep reading.
About the Beauty Chef
“I am passionate about raising awareness of the link between beauty and gut health and hope that my products will not only help people to look good but feel better, too.” – Carla.
The Beauty Chef was the first beauty brand to focus on cultivating good gut health for healthy skin – pioneering the philosophy of ‘Beauty From The Inside Out’ and ‘Beauty Begins in the Belly.’ The Beauty Chef range includes eight inner beauty products and two outer beauty skincare products. Every product in the range is a blend of Certified Organic, nutrient-dense wholefood ingredients, prebiotics and probiotics, all scientifically-formulated to fortify skin on the inside and outside. Carla, Founder, works with leading microbiologists, nutritionists and naturopaths, employing cutting edge research to ensure the efficacy of her existing products and develop innovative new products that will be market leaders. By raising awareness of the link between beauty and gut health, Carla has shown beauty that really is more than skin deep. She firmly believes it’s an inside-out process.
Information taken from TheBeautyChef.com linked here.
About Glow Powder
“GLOW Inner Beauty Powder is your essential daily beauty blend, containing 24 Certified Organic, bio-fermented and probiotic superfoods, for good gut health and healthy, glowing skin. Our award-winning ‘GLOW’ is a bio-fermented formula designed to support gut health, collagen synthesis and beautiful skin, hair and nails from the inside out. In a clinical trial, women observed GLOW enhanced their skin luminosity, clarity, hydration and texture. GLOW has been developed with The Beauty Chef’s exclusive Flora Culture™ fermentation process to increase the bio-availability of the formula and create a live, broad-spectrum probiotic for a beautiful belly.”
– The Beauty Chef.
I was surprised the first time I tried this powder in water because I expected it to taste like medicine. However, it has a berry flavour that is honestly so amazing. It kind of tastes like sugar-free juice, which is easy for me to drink since I don’t have sugar on a daily basis. I find that the powder is kind of sour when you drink it in clumps, but I love the taste. The texture is a typical powder texture that’ a warm purple/brown colour and smells like berries.
I love this stuff. What this product does is written in depth below under the benefits, but this product mainly promotes healthy skin through supporting the gut. It is rich in antioxidants, phytonutrients, Flora Culture, vitamin C, probiotics, prebiotics, and zinc. The specifics are written below.
Benefits from the Website
- Rich in vitamins and minerals – a bio-fermented blend of easily absorbed Certified Organic superfoods, vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, antioxidants and phytonutrients.
- Supports gut health – our exclusive Flora Culture™ fermentation process creates a live, broad spectrum probiotic to support digestive health, immune health and skin radiance.
- Promotes healthy skin – rich in antioxidants to reduce internal and external inflammation and help calm skin redness, irritation and sensitivity.
- Boosts collagen – contains vitamin C to naturally boost collagen synthesis, resulting in smoother skin.
- Feeds your microbiome – rich in prebiotics and soluble fibre to feed the beneficial bacteria residing in your gut.
- Supports skin function – zinc is essential for promoting healthy skin, hair and nails.
- Certified Organic – Glow is Certified Organic which means the ingredients are grown and the product is made without any synthetic chemical additives, herbicides or pesticides.
Read more here.
I started drinking this GLOW powder for my skin. I noticed it having an almost grey, tired look to it. In addition, I have acne prone skin. I didn’t know a lot about this product when I first purchased it, I just read a brief description and figured i could make me GLOW. To be honest, I was desperate because of my break-outs. I have three main benefits from drinking this: Gut health improvement, Skin health, and Digestion.
1- Gut health: I can’t think of anything particular visible to mention here, but mentioned below is what can be affected by negative gut health including anxiety.
2- Skin health: My acne drastically improved by drinking this. In addition, my skin overall looked a lot healthier. I noticed it become more luminous, it looks younger, brighter, has less of a grey and sallow look too. As if I’ve been eating only fruits and vegetables for a year. My acne scars also reduced too.
3- Digestion: My digestion is generally great since going vegan, but I’m intolerant to a lot of foods including garlic and white sugar, so when I eat those I can have some issues. With this powder, my digestion improved and became more regular. Well, not exactly more regular, but it became more fulfilling and I started to release more excrement at a time instead of smaller poops more often. This may be TMI to some people, but from the improvement in my gut health I started to feel like my intestines were being fully scraped and emptied. Gross but true, and also fantastic since I feel much lighter. If you’re having food/digestion issues I also recommend doing an intolerance test.
This product is definitely worth it’s £40.00 price tag. I’m obsessed with anything wellness related, but the market is saturated so I won’t just buy anything. If you relate to anything in this post that I have mentioned in relation to skin, then give it a try. It’s vegan too. I originally bought the packet of 5 sachets for £10.00 and fell in love. You can purchase the full 150g tub below, or the 5 sachets for £10.00 here. Alternatively, I have them both linked in my Shopr section (non are affiliate links).
Ingredients from the Website
- Flora Culture™ – 14 strains of bacteria including lactobacillus, bifidum and beneficial yeasts introduced to the formula as part of our unique lacto-fermentation process. This process ferments ingredients over a 6-8 week period, making ingredients more bio-available and creating a broad-spectrum probiotic.
- Probiotics – each serve of GLOW contains a minimum of 500 million naturally occurring probiotics.
- Lactobacillus metabolites -produced by our exclusive Flora Culture™ lacto-fermentation process, research shows these compounds may have immune-boosting benefits.
- Prebiotics – contains foods including bio-fermented legumes and seeds, rich in soluble fibre that act as food for the bacteria in your gut.
- Bio-fermented Dunaliella salina – grown organically in Western Australia, this microalgae is the highest dietary source of beta-carotene, or pro-vitamin A. It is rich in essential daily nutrients and boasts 6000 more antioxidants, eight times more minerals and twice the chlorophyll found in spirulina.
- Bio-fermented queen garnet plum – grown in Queensland, this nutritious fruit boasts high levels of skin-protective anthocyanins as well as vitamin C.
- Bio-fermented maqui berry – one of the most antioxidant-rich foods on the planet, this nutrient-dense berry is loaded with skin-loving anthocyanins, vitamin C and minerals.
Bio-fermented Nutrient Blend with Flora Culture™ (mung beans*, brown rice*, lentils*, chickpeas*, linseed*, maqui berry*, queen garnet plum, buckwheat*, hulled millet*, Dunaliella salina*, agave*, molasses*, quinoa*, chia seeds*, pepitas*, sunflower seeds*, lemon juice, green tea powder*, ginger*, turmeric*), anthocyanins from grape skins, natural wild berry flavour, Dunaliella salina*, citric acid, Saccharomyces boulardii, stevia leaf extract, zinc ascorbate.
Fermented with probiotic strains:
Lactobacillus acidophilus, L. delbreuckii, L. casei, L. bulgaricus, L. caucasicus, L. fermenti, L. plantarum, L. brevis, L. helevictus, L. lactis, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Saccharomyces boulardii and Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
Read more here.