I HAVE FAITH IN NATURE TOO
“This fragrant hand wash contains active Organic Aloe Vera and Tea Tree know for its cleansing and antibacterial qualities. Bursting with aromas to energise your day. Made with Organic Aloe Vera which contains many enzymes, amino acids and polysaccharides.”
When I moved back to university for my third year I was so excited to have my own bathroom again, and kit it out with all natural wash and cleaning products. That’s why I have a hand wash review here for you today. Transitioning beauty products to being all natural is great, but it can take some time. I find switch something as simple as a hand wash is an easy step in the right direction. On the other hand, it’s also important not to forget other wash products when moving over the natural. Remember, your skin absorbs between 60-90% of everything applied and hand wash is applied onto the skin too. I am so happy to be using a natural option, especially with Aloe Vera. I can officially say my hands feel clean yet moisturised after washing.
Hand wash used to strip my skin. You’ve probably noticed in some restaurant bathrooms they have hand cream next to the hand wash, or even some brands sell a matching hand cream to the hand wash. That must be because they known hand wash can strip the skin, and make hands crusty and dry. So don’t add on another layer on toxins, and just switch the wash. This Faith in Nature one doesn’t use any Parabens or SLS, and it’s scented with Essential Oils.
The full ingredients list is as follows: Water, Ammonium laureth sulfate (vegetable derived), Sea Salt, Aloe Leaf Juice, Polysorbate 20 (vegetable derived), Tea Tree, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, Cocamidopropyl Bentaine (vegetable derived), Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Chlorophyllin-copper complex (vegetable derived), Limonene.
The product packaging labels this hand wash as Aloe Vera and Tea Tree. Since Aloe Vera has a mind scent, the Tea Tree is the more potent smell. However, it isn’t over powering or unbearable. I also think there is an underlining Hemp scent which I have noticed is similar in other natural products. The ingredients list also includes a flower oil, so maybe that adds to the Hemp scent.
This product has a typical hand wash formula and consistency. I mention this because some natural washes, e.g. Castille soap, are a lot runnier than other hand soaps. This one has a smooth gel texture, which doesn’t make much sense but I can’t really describe it any better. It is also green, which you can see from the picture. What I love about this product is that it still foams up like a regular hand wash; even though it doesn’t contain any synthetic sulphates. It also washes away even tough make-up. After using, my hands feel really clean, and my skin isn’t tight, dry or stripped.
- Hands feel amazingly clean afterwards.
- This product doesn’t strip the skin, or make hands feel dry afterwards.
- Doesn’t leave a waxy feel on the hands.
- Washes away all make-up from my hands after getting ready.
- Smells stays on the hands for a while after washing, which isn’t invasive.
- Product lasts a very long time. I have had mine over a month and have used less than 1/4 of the bottle.
- Very affordable product. I bought this from T K Maxx, but it is also available online, from Holland and Barrett, and the Oxfam shop.
- The brand is cruelty free and vegan.
- The packaging is bold and creative. Very different from my usual packaging preference as I like the minimalist look, but I don’t mind it for the bathroom.
- I would definitely repurchase this product. It smells great, works great, is easy to find and buy, and is very affordable. Overall a huge winner.
- I highly recommend.
100% Natural Fragrance
Made with Essential Oils
Free from Parabens and SLS