INIKA is the first all natural and vegan make-up brand that I have tried; so needless to say I was excited try try this product. I bought this lip tint after an Inika makeover I had recently with one of the brands make-up artists. I just loved the berry shade; even it is slightly out of season. For the full review, keep reading.
INIKA is a 100% Australian owned brand that sells organic make-up. The brand was born with a natural drive and passion to produce gorgeously natural products for people to fall in love with. The company says that they wanted to prove that natural make-up didn’t have to compromise fashion. INIKA is the #1 certified organic make-up brand, trusted worldwide and the make-up choice for stylish natural women everywhere.
I have been using this product for almost a month now and the first time I tried it I was pleasantly surprised with the high quality of not only the product, but also the packaging. The lipstick is held within sleek black packaging that looks nothing short of expensive. The branding of the brand is luxurious and really shows that natural beauty doesn’t have to compromise the glamour of make-up.
The product itself meets every expectation that I had: lovely scent, moisturising product, long lasting, pigmented etc. The scent has a hint of peppermint to it, and that is the first thing that I noticed. It isn’t over powering or artificial and it also doesn’t smell like you’re lathering toothpaste on your lips. Instead, it smells like peppermint essential oil; one of my favourite scents.
As this is a lip-tint, the product isn’t overly pigmented and instead is more of a balm. Mulberry, the shade, is a shimmery plum when applied so I do find that the pigment is quite prominent but not bold. The balm texture of the product makes it moisturising to wear which is great in the colder months as it means my lips don’t get as dry. However, throughout the day the product does dry out like a lip balm and need to the re-applied. The colour itself lasts a good length on time, but just like any lipstick, does need to be re-applied after eating.
This product is so pleasant to wear. I’m someone who is easily irritated by products with an overpowering smell or taste. This one doesn’t taste of anything and also doesn’t slip and slide off my lips like some darker shades can. It doesn’t irritate my skin at all and is so light weight I can barely feel when I’m wearing it.
I would definitely recommend this product, and I will be purchasing a few more lighter colours from the range. We really don’t have to compromise quality for natural beauty and make-up and this brand proves it. This lipstick is just as good, if not better, than everything else I have tried in the past and I love it.
So to recap:
- Vegan and cruelty free brand.
- Fully natural and is free from any harsh chemicals and toxins.
- Luxurious and high quality packaging.
- Product doesn’t have an overpowering or artificial scent.
- Smells like peppermint essential oil.
- Lovely plum/berry shade.
- Shimmery but not glossy.
- Moisturising like a lip balm but has a very good pigment.
- Lightweight and thin when applied.
- Isn’t sticky or uncomfortable to wear.
- Lasts for a good amount of time but needs to be re-applied after eating.
- Dries up after a period of time and needs to be re-applied (like any lipstick does.)
- Isn’t irritating to wear. Very comfortable.
- Doesn’t slip and slide off the lips and stays in place.
- I would definitely recommend this product and will be purchasing other shades from the brand.
| Buy here |